[Talk-us] Address push part deux: tracking licenses, notifications, etc.

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Nov 30 20:33:07 GMT 2012

Jeff Meyer wrote:
> Ok... this is sort of an import question, but how do we / should we
> credit each imported item with a link or tie to the appropriate use
> statement / contributor?

source= is just for "showing your working". It is not a means of providing
attribution. That should be done on the wiki /Contributors page and (in
extremis, for national-level imports) on osm.org/copyright. If the
attribution is really long, link to a sub-page off /Contributors.

On objects, "source=data.seattle.gov" will do fine. Please don't repeat the
mistake of the French cadastre import where every single fricking object has
"source=© Directeur General des Impôts La Plume De Ma Tante Mais Où Sont Les
Neiges d'Antan" or whatever it is.

cheers
Richard