[Talk-us] Fwd: Scrubbing route relations

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Oct 19 03:08:31 BST 2012

Dammit, I hit reply instead of reply-to-list.  Apologies to Mike if he
expected this to be private.  I'd also appreciate input on Indian roads,
since, with the exception of Laguna Pueblo roads (all of which have
reference numbers starting with "L"), I'm not sure how to properly
differentiate each tribe's roads from one another, or even properly
classify them as a network.  Not sure if they would be their own top level
network or as a subnet of US (network=US:Cherokee vs network=Cherokee as
example) given the greatly varied treaty status of various nations...see
also previously mentioned concerns about aboriginal indigenous/indian
reservation tagging and administration boundaries from 2010 that still go
unresolved...

(The whole tribal boundary tagging and tribal road tagging thing is rearing
it's ugly head for me again since 1) I'm back in Tulsa and it's kind of a
major issue in this part of North America, what with 34 tribes in well
under a day's drive from me, and 2) I just drove Historic US 66 from the
Santa Monica Pier to get back here, and the modern network and route are
often tribal in nature, so this is by no means whatsoever a regionally
isolated problem, and i'd like to have some idea how I'm going to handle
that problem when I start going over my Route 66 traces).