[Talk-us] Scrubbing route relations

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Sun Oct 21 00:00:52 BST 2012

Based on feedback from route relation mappers and people on this list, here's a list of 7,575 route relation changes I'd like to make:

	http://mike.teczno.com/img/OSM-Extracted-Routes-changes.csv.zip

Some of the rules I've followed:
	- Shortening ref tags to just what goes on a shield, with prefixes and suffixes moved to the network and modifier tags
	- Treating "Business" as a special subnetwork, e.g. "US:I:Business" vs. "US:I"
	- Normalizing network names for all county routes with the ":CR" infix
	- Title-case and spaces for wordy networks

If there aren't any objections, I'd like to start applying these to the OSM database this upcoming week.

-mike.

michal migurski- mike at stamen.com
                 415.558.1610