[Talk-us] Talk-us Digest, Vol 59, Issue 20

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Oct 23 05:52:07 GMT 2012

William Morris writes:
 > Third local mapper chimes in: As weird as the cartography will look (and
 > I've seen it appear as such on OSM in other U.S. cities), Route 7 through
 > Burlington has no business being listed as primary. I can hit a maximum of
 > 25mph on the sections between stop signs, and by character that street is
 > more of a Residential Road.

I agree. Same for US 2. Neither one is, within the city, a primary
route. They are, however, still numbered 7 and 2 regardless of the
character of the streets, so it will look at little odd when they
disappear as primaries. Still, they are what they are, which are
highway=residential / ref={2,7}

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog