[Talk-us] MapRoulette new challenge: connectivity

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Oct 29 20:45:14 GMT 2012

Hi Ivan,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Ivan Komarov <jkomarov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
>
> Besides ways with close ends, here are thousands of (partially)
> duplicated roads, mostly along county boundaries that kill road
> network topology as well. They typically appear as more than one roads
> having nodes at the same positions. Does MapRoulette catches these
> ones too?

Not explicitly, although I found that some of the connectivity errors
found actually have 'hidden' duplication issues as well. I know that
there is several tools that already show these duplicate ways, so
there are ways to get the data for this. I am a little hesitant about
this as a MapRoulette challenge though, as duplicate ways can be hard
to fix because it's just hard to see what is going on. I want
MapRoulette challenges to be pretty straightforward, things you can
fix in under 30 seconds, as a rule of thumb. This also has to do with
Frederik's points below, let me comment on those separately.

Martijn

--
martijn van exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com