[Talk-us] MapRoulette new challenge: connectivity

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:18:59 GMT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Ivan Komarov <jkomarov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
>
> Besides ways with close ends, here are thousands of (partially)
> duplicated roads, mostly along county boundaries that kill road
> network topology as well. They typically appear as more than one roads
> having nodes at the same positions. Does MapRoulette catches these
> ones too?

Actually, if you take a look at an up to date QA tool like the OSM
Inspector routing layer[1], you will see that a *lot* of the county
line problems have been fixed. The entire southeast used to be
completely covered with very solid red lines. This is mostly thanks to
John Novak who put in countless hours and I believe recruited some
help as well. Without this work, I'm guessing the current maproulette
challenge would be in the high hundreds of thousands.

[1] http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/debug.html?view=routing_non_eu&lon=-97.93506&lat=37.41729&zoom=6&opacity=0.98

Toby