[Talk-us] redundant tagging on relations and member ways

Ian Villeda villeda at mapbox.com
Wed Oct 31 20:09:37 GMT 2012

Hi,

I've noticed a few instances where members of multipolygon relations have the same tags as the relations. This seems redundant and I wondering why we wouldn't / haven't moved the tags to the relations. Specifically I'm thinking of cases like this:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/135822 vs

Of course we wouldn't want to remove way-specific tags (i.e. district=* tags), but I wanted to make sure there was a reason the name=, landuse=, and leisure= tags haven't already been deleted in favor of tagging the relation. Happy to make the edits so long as I'm not stepping on any toes / missing something obvious.

saludos,

--
ian villeda (ian29 (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/ian29))
mapbox | developmentseed