[Talk-us] wetlands in potlatch 2?

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Mon Sep 3 17:36:04 BST 2012

I contacted a new mapper in my area and asked if he had any questions about
editing the map.  He asked about adding swamps to the map using the
in-browser editor.  I was about to respond that he could use
natural=wetland for such things, but I wanted to make sure that I gave him
instructions that made sense.  Since I almost exclusively use JOSM, I
decided to fire up Potlatch 2 and try to add a swamp.  Using the simple
interface, there doesn't appear to be any good way to do it.  Did I miss
something?  Is the best answer to this question that he should switch to
the advanced interface and type natural for the key and wetland for the
value? (Or just switch to JOSM?)

Thanks,
Peter