[Talk-us] how to select overlapping objects in Potlatch 2?

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Fri Sep 7 02:22:38 BST 2012

A relatively new user has created a bunch of duplicate Ways around here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.732&lon=-71.49769&zoom=17&layers=M

So far I've had good email exchanges with this new user, and I was about to
send him a message about this area, but I'm not sure where to begin.
Obviously, we don't want a bunch of duplicate objects that represent the
same thing with almost the same geometry.  Looking at the area in Potlatch
2, I can't figure out a way to select just one of the overlapping objects,
so I can't even explain to the new user how to clean it up using his editor
of choice.  Also, I'm confused as to how this happened in the first place.
Has anyone else seen something similar to this before?

I can clean it up in JOSM, but I want to get on the same page with the new
mapper so that he doesn't keep doing it.

Peter