[Talk-us] The Remap-A-Tron, Second Wave

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Sun Sep 9 16:57:47 BST 2012

         I told Martijn the toold would be a great way to do Projects
of the Month or Projects of the Week. Maybe there would be a way to
track who did what, so we can recognize people who did a lot of work.

Charlotte

At 02:20 PM 9/7/2012, you wrote:
>A fantastic tool!  If it can be expanded to finding other issues even better.
>
>Dale
>
>On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Martijn van Exel
><<mailto:m at rtijn.org>m at rtijn.org> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Serge Wroclawski
><<mailto:emacsen at gmail.com>emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A similar query could be used to find overlapping ways which are of
> > the same level and do not share a way.
> > This could help with routing.
> >
> > There are a lot of queries like this which wouldn't be hard to do.
> >
> > - Serge
>
>Interestingly I was just discussing overlapping ways with Telenav
>yesterday. This will be a very useful thing to detect, but as these
>overlapping ways are not visible on the Mapnik map so the R-a-T may
>not be so useful for that. Some folks over at Telenav are developing a
>JOSM plugin that works in a similar way (iterating over error points
>pseudo-randomly and letting you fix them one by one) and may be better
>suited to these 'invisible' problems.
>
>Martijn
>
>--
>martijn van exel
><http://oegeo.wordpress.com>http://oegeo.wordpress.com

>--
>Dale Puch

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.