[Talk-us] The Remap-A-Tron, Second Wave

Dale Puch dale.puch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 01:50:03 BST 2012

Not sure if it is just me, but this seems stuck today.  All was fine
yesterday.
I only get one map location and it will not move to another with 'W'

A few of the deleted ways have led me to some large missing subdivisions
and poor downtown type areas...  A bit of OCD kicks in and an hour+ later
I'm finally done :p

Dale

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Charlotte Wolter <techlady at techlady.com>wrote:

> **        **I told Martijn the toold would be a great way to do Projects
> of the Month or Projects of the Week. Maybe there would be a way to track
> who did what, so we can recognize people who did a lot of work.
>
> Charlotte
>

> At 02:20 PM 9/7/2012, you wrote:
>
> A fantastic tool!  If it can be expanded to finding other issues even
> better.
>
> Dale
>
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > A similar query could be used to find overlapping ways which are of
> > the same level and do not share a way.
> > This could help with routing.
> >
> > There are a lot of queries like this which wouldn't be hard to do.
> >
> > - Serge
>
> Interestingly I was just discussing overlapping ways with Telenav
> yesterday. This will be a very useful thing to detect, but as these
> overlapping ways are not visible on the Mapnik map so the R-a-T may
> not be so useful for that. Some folks over at Telenav are developing a
> JOSM plugin that works in a similar way (iterating over error points
> pseudo-randomly and letting you fix them one by one) and may be better
> suited to these 'invisible' problems.
>
> Martijn
>
> --
> martijn van exel
> http://oegeo.wordpress.com

> --
> Dale Puch
>
> **
>
> ** Charlotte Wolter
> 927 18th Street Suite A
> Santa Monica, California
> 90403
> +1-310-597-4040
> techlady at techlady.com
> Skype: thetechlady
>
> *The Four Internet Freedoms*
> Freedom to visit any site on the Internet
> Freedom to access any content or service that is not illegal
> Freedom to attach any device that does not interfere with the network
> Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that would
> affect the first three freedoms.

Dale Puch