[Talk-us] Large area of deleted streets in Riverside, Calif.

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Tue Sep 11 16:27:52 BST 2012

Toby,

         Yes, it looks really different. Thanks!
         If you have time, a few blocks further north, around Mission
Boulevard, missing streets reappear.
         Actually the 2012 stuff looks better than earlier unedited
TIGER. Maybe they are getting better?

--C

At 10:44 PM 9/10/2012, you wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Toby Murray
> <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:

> eastern end
> TIGER, so I'm
> >>
> >> If most of it really is missing then it might be a good candidate to
> >> re-import from new TIGER data as I have done in some other hard hit
> >> areas of LA. It would help if you supply a permalink to the exact
> >> area.
> >
> > Ah, I think I found it.
> >
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=34.02107&lon=-117.72431&zoom=15&layers=M
> >
> > I will try my TIGER 2011 magic on it. Maybe even 2012? Wonder what the
> > chances are that my 2011 ogr2osm translation will Just Work with 2012
> > data...
>
>As it turns out, chances were good. How does the area look now? Guess
>it was actually a couple of blocks north and east of the center of the
>
>Toby

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.