[Talk-us] Remap-a-tron observation

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Tue Sep 11 16:34:55 BST 2012

Mike,

         Thanks for this information. I have been worrying about the
unamed streets that I have been editing.
         Again, I have to ask, why wasn't a tool like this included
in the original redaction? If someone had planned ahead and given the
membership this tool and tools like Remap-a-Tron, the whole process
would have been easier. We probably should have done Remap-a-Tron
before anything was deleted to find and change work done by
nonsigners. This is definitely something to remember for the future.

Charlotte

At 05:36 AM 9/11/2012, you wrote:
>Just a note to those participating with the awesome Remap-a-tron
>tool - please take time to look up or verify the road name from TIGER.
>
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TIGER_2011
>
>   Use the URLs in the section "Tiles" in Potlatch or JOSM.    You
> can also substitute the 2012 for 2011 in the URLs to use the latest
> TIGER information.
>
>   If you come across a large deleted/empty subdivision - feel free
> to let us know on the list; it is easier in those cases for one of
> us to plug in the whole subdivision from the TIGER data.  Post the

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.