[Talk-us] Consensus on "SR" for state route versus state abbreviation?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Sep 13 04:24:03 BST 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net>wrote:

>  what i recall is that NE2 likes the appearance of bare route numbers and
> most of his ref
> tags have no prefix at all (see FL, PA, NJ among other states where he did
> a lot of this.)
>
> this was, of course, tagging for a particular mapnik rendering appearance.
> make your
> own judgements.

In his defence, he did just edit I 44 through my area, and the only tagging
difference on ref=* (several tags were edited) was removal of a space in
ref=I 44; OK 66 to be ref=I 44;OK 66 (and sacking is_in).  Not entirely
clear what the ultimate goal of the changeset was, but I didn't really see
anything overtly wrong with it so I let it go.