[Talk-us] Remap-a-tron level 2 complete! Suggestions for level 3?

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Sep 28 16:28:49 BST 2012

Nick,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Level  3
>
> Tiger 2012 roads, that are named, that don't have a corresponding OSM way
> with similar naming and similar geometry.
> This would pick up new 2012 Tiger roads, and unedited original Tiger named
> roads which were of poor quality.

That would be a pretty complex query, for the following reasons:
* Similar naming may be obvious to a human observer, but can be really
hard to detect algorithmically.
* Similar geometry can be hard to detect because of split / combined
ways so you would have to go segment by segment, or something.

I'm happy to take suggestions for a query to make this work though, I
agree it would be useful.

> Level 4
>
> Tiger unedited roads that are "highway residential" and have no name.

How many of those are there? They would only be candidates if they
actually have names. How would we know this?

--
martijn van exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com