[Talk-us] Remap-a-tron level 2 complete! Suggestions for level 3?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Sep 30 11:42:40 BST 2012

On 9/30/2012 12:10 AM, Brian May wrote:
> And maybe have different remapatron modes, e.g. "crazy tiger" mode,
> "streets with no name" mode, and "empty hoods" mode.

   Yes - The "empty hoods" mode lends itself to importing the empty hood
directly from the TIGER data.  We all complain about TIGER errors, and
the risk of using an abbreviation expansion bot, but I'm quite sure that
I make more typos per hundred roads than we'd ever see by using the area
import with even a dumb expansion bot.   That's even with a double check
before uploading; I'm wasting my mapper time proofreading rather than
checking geometry or gathering survey data.