[Talk-us] Separate relations for each direction of US & State highways.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:52:57 UTC 2013

2013/12/5 Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org>

> I think the unsigned_ref practice is so common here that we should
> just keep that practice. Perhaps also a good one to document on the
> wiki.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Directions_In_The_United_States
> may not be the best place for it unless we want to make this page
> cover the broader scope of highway designation and signage in the U.S.
> (which I think would be great! but also would require a bit of
> dedication and time..)

+1, maybe it could be a country-specific section or be linked from here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:route%3Droad

and probably be added also here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ref

pages like "bla bla in the united states" should be reduced to a minimum to
reduce inconsistent tagging between countries (they tend to evolve, like
also the "main system" evolves, and sooner or later they get "out of sync").

cheers,
Martin