[Talk-us] South Carolina State Highways - primary overload

Tim Huemmer tim.huemmer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 16:13:10 UTC 2013

I found this to be very annoying.  I did a lot of work on the SC Highways
some time back.  I noticed that in a few counties most of the state
highways were marked as primary.  I reverted most of them back to secondary
except for the ones that were truly trunk routes.  Its frustrating to see
work that you spent a lot of time and effort on get "vandalized" as such

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Mike N <niceman at att.net> wrote:

> On 12/9/2013 12:42 AM, James Mast wrote:
>
>> So, does anybody else agree with me on this subject of "primary
>> overload" in South Carolina?  If so, how do we go about fixing this with
>> a reasonable approach?  Looking at some of the history of some of the
>> ways, it seems that only one user was doing the "upgrade" from secondary
>> to primary/trunk over the past 4+ months.
>>

>  Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with DOT classifications in general.
>
>  At first, the user seemed to be knowledgeable about highway
> classifications for the segments in question.   But I agree - now that
> nearly everything was just changed to primary, it seems to be both less
> useful and inconsistent with most of the rest of the US.   It seems that
> the intent was to match some other map rendering or road classification
> which has fewer classification levels.

Tim Huemmer
Webmaster & Owner
RRPictureArchives.NET