[Talk-us] Turn restriction dispute

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Feb 10 05:30:40 GMT 2013

Russ, I second your vote/motion, not that anybody called for a
second, or even that I am able to offer it.  What I AM able to do is
"be civil" and "use the talk-us list, as it is our nationwide forum
to discuss."  There are plenty of other "consensus understandings"
that might be loosely called "rules" which make up the fabric of OSM
as a community.  NE2 has again proven that he is either unwilling or
unable to abide by those.  Consequently, I think we should inform him
that serious discussion of permanently banning him from OSM (this
thread) is underway, and his behavior can either change for the
better, or he can count on eventually being permanently banned.  He
has had plenty of opportunities to do so, and so I am not optimistic
he will be around much longer.  But if the community wants him, that
can emerge as a consensus as well.

His "better" (than nothing) edits are in a clear minority compared to
the usual messes he makes.  He DOES, for better or worse, stir
controversy, which is why we discuss, which is part of the community.
If, for that reason alone (that he is controversial), there are those
who do not wish to ban him, speak up now, as you may (may) be able to
make the case that we need somebody like him as an example of what to
do with difficult contributors.  I think it is unanimous that he is
that, at least.

I wouldn't miss him if he were gone, either.

SteveA
California