[Talk-us] Turn restriction dispute

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Feb 10 16:32:37 GMT 2013

Michal Migurski writes:
 > I'm familiar with his work and have run afoul of his views in the
 > past, most recently when I performed a large scale edit to US route
 > relation tags, some of which he did not agree with. I don't know if
 > any were reverted. Nevertheless, I don't see the value in running
 > him out on a rail without more actual evidence of malice, detailed
 > precedents from other bans, and some expectation that the OSMF
 > could help here. These days I'm happier with NE2 than I am with the
 > foundation, believe it or not.

His malice is encapsulated in his inability to work with other
people. For example, I dislike a particular global modification to my
work that he has made. I know that he has more spare time than me to
pursue his ideas, and so I haven't bothered to fighting on it, because
I know he will fight me, and I know he will win.

So I have resigned myself to allowing OSM to be a little bit worse
because of him. How many other people have made the same decision? How
much worse is OSM because of NE2? Does this outweigh his positive
accomplishments?

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog