[Talk-us] Turn restriction dispute

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Mon Feb 11 22:30:50 GMT 2013

Once again, I stand with Apo here.  He and I together with other
local OSM community (along with repeated messages to mk408 and
eventually Frederick Ramm/DWG) got him blocked.  This evidently
frustrated mk408 so much that he "stayed away" and the block became
an effective "ban."  Afterwards, I know that Apo and I both were
diligent in scanning our area for edits under a new username with his
signature defect:  promoting most roads in Silicon Valley to
tertiary.  As this didn't happen, the block worked, effectively
"banning" him.

I'm not sure if NE2 were so blocked he would stay away, nor would it
be so easy to determine "his style" of edits, they vary so much.  But
what I believe we _would_ be able to determine if NE2 were to return
after a block (a well-deserved block, in my opinion, if not for this
single turn restriction dispute, but many others as well) is this:
we would be able to detect his exceedingly argumentative,
avoid-consensus-at-all-costs, my-way-or-the-highway (sorry) antics.

I believe NE2 to be engaging in what might be called "scent-marking:"
he likes his moniker to be associated with very peculiar, and
especially large-scale edits.  Some of these might actually be
correct in a mind-bending, minutia oriented way, but in my opinion,
the costs (of what we spend discussing his outrageous behavior, which
really, it appears, is why he is here) far outweigh the benefits.
There really are people who "get off" on attention-getting, by
whatever method, especially bad, and NE2 appears to be one of them.
His behavior is sociopathic to OSM.  He is a smart and clever
sociopath, but acts as one nonetheless.  My dictionary defines this
as "manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior."
I need neither a degree nor a license to make this determination:  I
am not a psychologist, simply observant.

You'll note I am not mincing words here, as this particular truth
does not need to be coddled in politically correct overly kind
assuagements of "let's extend benefit of doubt."  We've done that far
too many times with NE2, and as of now, in my opinion, he should
rightly, fairly, and soundly be blocked.  Vandalism is vandalism.
Let us continue to say that that is what it is.

Please, I call upon OSM's DWG to take the appropriate action it has
taken numerous times before:  block NE2.

SteveA
California