[Talk-us] parcel data next steps

Rick Marshall rick.marshall at verticalgeo.com
Fri Feb 22 18:47:25 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I mentioned a few months back that there are several places, particularly
fere in the midwest, that don't own their own parcel data.  Here in the St
Louis area many of the counties have actually leased their parcel data from
a private company for decades.  The yearly lease includes an exhorbitant
fee and  licensing restrictions that are very specific on who they can
share the parcel data with.  What a crazy business model!  The St Louis are
might be a parcel map "Black Hole" for your project.  I have to imagine
there are other areas in the same situation.

Rick Marshall

Rick Marshall, PhD, GISP
President
VerticalGeo