[Talk-us] TopOSM 2

Lars Ahlzen lars at ahlzen.com
Mon Feb 25 21:05:58 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 03:06 PM, Rick Marshall wrote:
> Serge is right though, the blue text with the white halo for the water
> features is difficult to read.  Sometimes it appears a little blurry.
> I am not sure a black halo will do the trick either.  What about
> changing the color of the text; maybe making it a darker shade of
> blue?

I completely agree. This is far from the finished map and it needs a lot
more work. In addition to hard-to-read labels and layering issues, there
are many basic features still missing from the map.

Most importantly, the demo uses all pre-rendered tiles. That works for a
small area like this, but becomes impractical for a nationwide map. The
biggest challenge may be to get acceptable rendering performance so that
tiles can be rendered as they are requested. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful
it can be done without too many compromises.

- Lars