[Talk-us] Mappy Hour

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Jul 2 01:39:53 UTC 2013

>It's that Monday again!
>Virtual Mappy Hour tonight.
>Be there or be shape=square.
>
><https://plus.google.com/events/c5lg5p742h9v8gu1jkp8n9hkkig>https://plus.google.com/events/c5lg5p742h9v8gu1jkp8n9hkkig

I would like to, but I cannot agree to Google's Terms of Service.
Notably, I agree to give certain rights to contributions of mine to
OpenStreetMap, but I cannot agree to give to Google everything Google
characterizes as "My Content" in a Google Hangout.  So, I may lurk,
but I will not participate.

I know this has been raised as an issue here before, but are we any
closer to answering:  Is there an online (audio/video) venue which
has less onerous Terms of Service than Google's?  A way to
technologically solve a delightfully impromptu meeting like this
without using a corporate host that insists upon taking from us
everything we discuss within its digital domain?

SteveA
California