[Talk-us] Mappy Hour

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Jul 2 01:53:42 UTC 2013

Steve,

I understand your concern, believe me, I do. I too want public OSM events
to be as inclusive as possible.
We were actually just talking about alternatives during the mappy hour (for
different reasons) and the conclusion for now was that there is not a
mature  alternative available yet that would allow us to communicate in a
similar fashion. In the mean time, if you happen upon a promising
candidate, please feel free to make a suggestion at any time.

Best
Martijn

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM, stevea <steveaOSM at softworkers.com> wrote:

> **
>
> It's that Monday again!
>
> Virtual Mappy Hour tonight.
>
> Be there or be shape=square.
>

> https://plus.google.com/events/c5lg5p742h9v8gu1jkp8n9hkkig
>

> I would like to, but I cannot agree to Google's Terms of Service.
> Notably, I agree to give certain rights to contributions of mine to
> OpenStreetMap, but I cannot agree to give to Google everything Google
> characterizes as "My Content" in a Google Hangout.  So, I may lurk, but I
> will not participate.
>
> I know this has been raised as an issue here before, but are we any closer
> to answering:  Is there an online (audio/video) venue which has less
> onerous Terms of Service than Google's?  A way to technologically solve a
> delightfully impromptu meeting like this without using a corporate host
> that insists upon taking from us everything we discuss within its digital
> domain?
>
> SteveA
> California

Martijn van Exel