[Talk-us] Update on highway shield rendering

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Jul 10 13:58:30 UTC 2013

On 7/10/13 9:14 AM, Phil! Gold wrote:
> Also, I note that someone has added ref=NJTP to the New Jersey Turnpike,
> which breaks my rendering there.  I do support ref=<initials> tags for
> some New York parkways, because that's basically how the signs look, but
> I'm not sure how reasonable it is for the New Jersey Turnpike.  Anyone
> want to offer an opinion here?

an NJTP shield is probably appropriate. the turnpike is _not_ precisely
I-95. Delaware to exit 6 is unsigned NJ route 700 (all signage is NJTP),
Exit 6 to the GWB is signed both I-95 and NJTP.
I-95 is not yet complete in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area so all
the traffic is on the NJTP.

a typical shield is on the wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Turnpike

in general, drivers on the NJTP think NJTP, not I-95 when they think
about it at all.