[Talk-us] Steady increase in the number of mappers in the US

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Fri Jul 19 16:03:05 UTC 2013

+1 to just get going in your city or in your community. Let nothing stop
you.

The local dimension of OpenStreetMap was exactly why OSM US decided to do
#editathons. There's one happening this weekend, join us.

http://openstreetmap.us/2013/07/july-summer-editathon/

Well I've been promoting this event quite enough on this list so I'm sure
everyone of you already has this on the radar :) But share it in your
networks if you haven't yet. It's not too late.

In terms of publicity, it's exactly stuff like this that gets us into the
papers, like here:
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/07/what-happens-when-everyone-makes-maps/277850/(interesting
to point out that the coverage of the NYC event is the merit
of the local group btw, and not the OSM us chapter).

Editathons are just one thing to encourage people to get together and
organize a local event. There might be other things that the OSM US chapter
can lend support with. Speaking as the OSM US chapter Secretary:
suggestions and active help are always welcome!