[Talk-us] Steady increase in the number of mappers in the US

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 17:06:54 UTC 2013

Kai-- those are some really great ideas around publicity!

Personally, I think we'd need a dedicated PR person on staff to fully
accomplish this. That's not really feasible in the near term, though-- so
maybe we should think about ways that we can break that down into
volunteer-sized tasks? This seems like a great Birthday Sprint project...
(hint hint...)

Non OSM conferences and trade shows also seem like a great opportunity for
> OSM outreach and publicity, as those events can often also reach hundreds
> or
> thousands of people, many of whom might act as multiplicators as they are
> often the more active members in their community.

Can the folks who were at the Esri UC talk about the OSM presence, the
mapping party, and how that all went?