[Talk-us] Best way to tag mile and interpretive markers?

Thomas Colson thomas_colson at nps.gov
Tue Jul 23 01:24:28 UTC 2013

This draws me back to my original E911 discussion: Many calls we get start
with "I just passed MM 9..". Thus MMs have value. And yes, each DOT has
their own MM "scheme". Maddening to follow, even more maddening when
numerous mappers have a different "interpretation" . I propose signed or
posted MM's only. Perhaps some clarification on the Wiki..

The interpretive markers, IMHO, represent a value to OSM: Here is a feature,
we can put it on a map, and if you go there, you will be entertained. I'm
thinking with mobile apps in mind on the interpretive markers.