[Talk-us] access restriction, water only: How to tag?

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:17:08 UTC 2013

>Yes. If a campsite is on a lake shore, or an island, and the only way to
get there is by boat, I don’t see how sac_scale depicts that information
If the campsite is on an island, then I feel that no additional tagging is
necessary.

If it is on shore, and the land around it is too dangerous, that is where
you might use a tag for that *land* to indicate that.  I haven't seen
sac_scale used on an area, but it seems reasonable.  For example, if one
must climb down a steep cliff to get to the camp from land,
sac_scale=difficult_alpine_hiking.
 Again, we need to know more about the nature of the danger.
Mike