[Talk-us] Shields are up!

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Jul 29 04:59:57 UTC 2013

I run a set of pages designed to monitor Interstate, US route and State
Route relations at
http://maproulette.org/relationpages/
The pages are being refreshed every four hours.
They could do with some TLC for which I currently lack the time:
* Support for sub State level relations
* A nice index page.
https://github.com/mvexel/relationpages is where you contribute.
Martijn

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013, at 11:05 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Shield rendering is dependant on valid route relations existing.
>
> For LA 12 the route relation is there, but the route designator still
> shows up as a generic oval, not a shield:
>
> http://tile.openstreetmap.us/osmus_shields/preview.html#14/30.3074/-93.7157
>
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013, at 11:10 PM, Clay Smalley wrote:
> > Most shields that have black backgrounds have them removed. It seems like
> > a stylistic thing, and I think it looks good.
>
> For the US shields it looks fine. For the Texas FM/RM shields, though?
> It just doesn't look right to me.
>
> --
>   Shawn K. Quinn
>   skquinn at rushpost.com