[Talk-us] Removing US Bicycle Route tags

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Thu Jun 6 20:24:20 UTC 2013

To breathe a little fresh air into this discussion (and perhaps pour
a little oil on troubled waters):  I have enjoyed in the last few
hours some email exchanges with both Kerry and Paul.

In short, Kerry and I are discussing how it is inappropriate for OCM
to display a USBR as a proposed ncn when the ACA is still in the
"corridor only" phase, and no SPECIFIC route exists.  I think she and
I agree there.  In some of those cases, there is an existing STATE
(rcn) route (which MAY become a USBR/ncn) and so it seems the correct
response is to change those from ncn/proposed to rcn/actual.  If/as
the state adopts the state route as a specific USBR, (initially as
proposed, perhaps paralleling the existing rcn, perhaps not), it can
then be promoted, or another relation in OSM can capture this for
display in OCM.

Does this make everybody happy?  Consensus is important, even critical, in OSM.

SteveA
California