[Talk-us] OSM Data Quality

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Jun 7 20:48:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Frederic Julien <fjulien99 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm working on a presentation and interested to hear your thoughts. What
> are the top 2-3 changes that could improve OSM data quality? That could be
> processes, tools, methods, training, peer review, attributes, etc.

Peer review is definitely a candidate....
...but not for the reason you might expect.  Sure it might catch the
occasional bad quality edit.

But the real goal of peer review would be to draw mappers into community.
 Make it feel like a shared effort.
Have mappers feel they are responsible and connected to other mappers.
 Share the love, get recognized for
your effort, be social about it.