[Talk-us] Removing US Bicycle Route tags

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Jun 8 16:45:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:52 PM, KerryIrons <irons54vortex at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> It sounds like you want to add a feature to OSM/OCM so that the corridors
> can be shown.  From a mapping standpoint, I don’t see what this
> accomplishes since the AASHTO map was created at the “50,000 foot level”
> and putting corridors on OSM/OCM simply supplies that level of fuzziness to
> another map.

It also provides for better, more precise visualization of what's in that
corridor, which would be an important advocacy tool.

> It seems like you are going to resist removing these routes at any turn.**
> **

I've yet to hear a compelling reason to remove them.  I'd love to hear it
if you have it, but "it makes your life harder" or "the renderer doesn't
show it right" really doesn't qualify.