[Talk-us] Cleaning up California FMMP "residential"

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Jun 15 09:13:42 UTC 2013

It's worth noting that when these areas are properly mapped there will
actually
be more ways, but they'll not be encompassing thousands of square km. As an
example, the Sutter Buttes region
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.22&lon=-121.78&zoom=12&layers=M) has
more ways after I mapped some trees, whereas before
it was tagged as just one large meadow.

Some of the multipolygons I've been cleaning up have been particularly hard
to edit as they cover multiple separate areas. I'd hate to handle them in
P2 or iD, fetching a small area from the API returns these giant ways and
getting the full MP is troublesome in JOSM which deals better with areas
larger than the API can comfortably deal with.

When I get more cleanup done I will issue a bunch of re-render requests
(/dirty).
The region will be less colorful on the map, but the data will actually be
right.