[Talk-us] OSM St Louis Announcement

Rick Marshall rick.marshall at verticalgeo.com
Thu Mar 14 17:14:06 UTC 2013

We held our initial OSM St Louis meeting on January 31.  We had 7
people attend and we had a great time discussing OSM.  As we were
getting ready to start the meeting I ran across an old friend that has
been a Board Member for many years in the St Louis Region American
Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) Group.  Today I
received an E-Mail from the group's Board of Directors asking for a
presentation on OSM and its capabilities.  This will be a very
interesting mix of open source software/crowdsourced information meets
the rigid standards of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
professionals.  It could be an exciting opportunity to get some very
technically capable professional mappers involved in OSM St Louis, or
it could be a total disaster.

Do any of you working with/in other OSM local groups or at OSM US have
any experience with the ASPRS?  I have been a member of ASPRS for
years and I am not sure how well they will receive the
opensource/crowdsourced flavor of my presentation.  Randy Hale I know
you are also a member of ASPRS.  Have you had any success in
integrating both groups?

Take care and I look forward to your input.

Rick Marshall

--
Rick Marshall, PhD, GISP
President