[Talk-us] How to tag toll roads

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Mar 18 03:17:52 UTC 2013

On 3/17/13 11:09 PM, Evan Robohm wrote:
> My question is how literally should we as mappers
> tag them--like the Wiki page says or as they're advertised
> on road signs? This also applies to how ramps are
> tagged--does "toll=yes" only apply to ramps with toll
> booths or to ramps that lead into/out of a tollway?

it can get worse than that.

for the NYS Thruway (I 87 from NYC to Albany, I 90 from
Albany to the PA state Line), there is no toll for a transit
from Exit 25A to Exit 24 (and vice versa), and no toll
for a transit from Exit 25A to Exit 25 (and vice versa).
the toll booth attendant takes your ticket and if you got on
at the right place, there's no toll...

i have absolutely no clue how to tag this.

richard