[Talk-us] New member

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu May 16 19:39:46 UTC 2013

On 5/16/2013 1:33 PM, Amy.Daniels at gvltec.edu wrote:
> I wanted to introduce myself – I am Amy Daniels and I am a GIS
> Instructor with Greenville Technical College in South Carolina.  I am
> interested in keeping OpenStreetMap Data for our college campuses as
> up-to-date and complete as possible. I have a lot to learn about
> contributing and using OSM tools.
>
> We are working on embedding the live maps for each campus into our
> campus web site to enable visitors to locate our buildings and
> facilities.  I am excited to join the community.

   Welcome to OpenStreetMap!   Your timing is good because if you can
use the Chrome browser, the newly created iD editor choice on the edit
menu will offer the best self guided tour.

   Buildings, driveways, and parking are a great way to get started
contributing.   As you or others get into details, it may go all the way
to emergency call boxes.

   I'm actually in the Greenville area, so if you plan to integrate
OpenStreetMap into any part of a classroom course, feel free to contact
me off list and I'll see if I can put together an introduction that
matches the course focus.

   Regards,

   Mike