[Talk-us] Separate relations for each direction of US & State highways.

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 18:20:06 UTC 2013

Yes, that is correct Martijn.  Would allow us to make sure relations are intact inside of JOSM if the cardinal directions segments got the same split graphic that forward/backward does in the relation editor. :)  I think that was one of the major reasons most of the relations in the USA got the "forward/backward" roles in the first place since the north/south & east/west roles didn't.

Also, here again is the link to the ticket on JOSM that added those graphics for the forward/backward roles if it will help you to see how feasible cardinal direction graphics would be.
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/5109

- James