[Talk-us] Freeway directions

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 19:39:15 UTC 2013

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Highway_System#Primary_.28one-_and_two-digit.29_routes_.28contiguous_U.S..29:

"In the numbering scheme, east-west highways are assigned even numbers and
north-south highways are assigned odd numbers. Odd route numbers increase
from west to east, and even-numbered routes increase from south to north
(to avoid confusion with the U.S. Highways, which increase from east to
west and north to south), though there are exceptions to both principles in
several locations."