[Talk-us] Core Infrastructure Initiative

Abhishek abhishek.nagaraj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 03:28:31 UTC 2014

Is there any interest in the OSM community in applying for funds from
the Core Infrastructure Initiative?
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/programs/core-infrastructure-initiative

While this initiative is "to fund and support critical elements of the
global information infrastructure" could we make the claim that having
a free and open reusable map is as important for the web as some of
the software elements? I'm not sure what people think, but I thought I
would put the idea out there. This could be used to support the
developers of tools / editors etc around openstreetmap.

Abhishek