[Talk-us] Edits near Lexington, KY?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Tue Dec 16 12:04:17 UTC 2014

Does anyone know anything about a school course (middle or high school
most likely) incorporating OSM in or near Lexington, KY? I saw one
changeset comment mentioning something about extra credit but not
mentioning what the edit actually was. In addition I cleaned up plenty
of vandalism: a road on top of another road labeled "Short cut to
school", three exclamation marks added to a street name, undeleted a
fire hydrant (!), and a couple of other things that I'm drawing a blank
on right now.

While I support OSM-related lessons in the classroom on general
principle, but I have to wonder if some of the garbage edits that come
with it offset the good edits. And to put it bluntly, the higher the
grade level this is coming from, the more disappointed I will be
regarding our public education system in 2014.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/history#map=13/38.0462/-84.4885