[Talk-us] Mappy Hour

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Jan 13 15:42:23 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Our first Mappy Hour of 2014 is tonight at 5:30 PST / 8:30 EST.
>
> The Event link on Google+ is
> https://plus.google.com/events/csqquhngh6k52ctdkrftk3noic4
>
> Let us know if there's anything in particular you want to talk about.
>
> I would very much like to spend a little time talking about
> http://maproulette.org/relationpages/ and perhaps also about the state
> of U.S. route relations in general.
>
> I hope to see you all tonight!

Sounds Super Fun Martijn!  Do you have a scheduled "closing time"?
(I'm at Toronto Mappy Hour when you start.)

I hope that other Mappy Hour organizers, especially for in-person
events, will post their announcements to this list.  I enjoy meeting
other mappers when I travel.

Travelling mappers are always welcome to drop in on Toronto Mappy Hour
to meet the gang, when they are in Toronto.  We have also had special
events for visiting mappers who pass through on
not-regularly-scheduled-Mappy-Hour-days.  So let us know in advance if
you are coming this way.  Feel free to mock our cocaine-using Mayor,
if he hasn't been imprisoned before your visit.

Meeting other mappers in person is fun and a great way to learn and
share.  I encourage you to attend your local mapper events, and to
organize them if you haven't been beaten to the punch.  :-)