[Talk-us] Quick intro and request to contribute

Dave Oksner dave-osm at oksner.org
Mon Jan 13 21:22:06 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I'm new to this mailing list, but have contributed little changes here
and there for almost two years in San Luis Obispo county, California.

I'd like to contribute more: specifically, speed limit info.  I recently
stubled across a document put out by the county Public Works department
that summarizes all of the county traffic codes, including the speed
limits of all county-maintained roads, and I would like to find out more
about how to incorporate this.  I have no illusions that my first act should
be to do a mass update or anything, but I think that if I knew what would
be useful information to provide, I could extract and process the data from
this document and give the data to someone else who does know what they're
doing.

What should be my first step(s)?

Dave
dave_in_ag