[Talk-us] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Using 'Kort' outside of Switzerland

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Jan 17 09:46:59 UTC 2014

Hi Peter

The underlying errors that are used for the challenges in Kort are
generated by keepright
http://keepright.ipax.at/report_map.php?zoom=12&lat=39.95356&lon=-75.12364
and while the Kort authors select suitable errors for the game itself,
they don't influence what keepright considers an error directly (see
https://github.com/kort/kort/wiki). That said, perhaps a pointer to one
of the roads in question would be helpful, IMHO keepright doesn't
actually complain about missing language on street names (it does about
the same for other objects).

Simon

PS: while Switzerland has numerous places that are truly bi-lingual,
most aren't and current practice is not to add and extra name:de,
name:fr, name:it or name:rm if there is only one name (which, if you
think of it might lead to issues in exactly such bi-lingual places).
Anyway I definitely don't have a couple of 100 Kort challenges around
where I live (mono-lingual German speaking region), so likely you are
seeing something different.