[Talk-us] routing tags used by actual routing applications

Martijn van Exel martijn at openstreetmap.us
Tue Jul 1 23:18:54 UTC 2014

Hi Jason,

I hadn't seen that page for a while, thank you for reminding me. I
don't really trust that page to be reliable, because it does not
contain any concrete references to applications / services actually
adhering to these conventions.

With that said I agree fully that having a resource that *is*
trustworthy (containing references to which router supports certain
conventions) is becoming increasingly important - especially now that
we're getting close to getting routing / directions support on
osm.org. I will make it a priority to see about sharing the
conventions we support, and working with other major nav / directions
providers to discuss optimal support for less well defined tags like
signposting (see the other thread I started a few days ago).