[Talk-us] NAIP Imagery Servers -- Need Assistance Setting Up in JOSM

Chris Lawrence lordsutch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 21:20:16 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, looks like the USGS server is throwing 500's for the endpoints that I
> was using.
>
> We'll have to wait for them to fix it, I suppose.

Bummer. MSR (aka Terraserver from way back) also seems to be down.

The only luck I've had lately for recent non-Bing imagery is using the
state-level NAIP WMS directly in JOSM from USDA rather than via USGS's
server or the OSM.us TMS, which is suboptimal for a variety of reasons
(particularly having to switch layers when moving between states). See
eg https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/josm-dev/2014-March/006929.html.

Of course there's also Bing but it's not always as up-to-date as NAIP.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <lordsutch at gmail.com>

Website: http://www.cnlawrence.com/