[Talk-us] NAIP Imagery Servers -- Need Assistance Setting Up in JOSM

Michael Patrick geodesy99 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 03:48:49 UTC 2014

> > Yep, looks like the USGS server is throwing 500's for the endpoints that
> > was using. We'll have to wait for them to fix it, I suppose.
> > Bummer. MSR (aka Terraserver from way back) also seems to be down.

Try the NRL Geospatial Computing Tile Server at the Geospatial Computing
Section 7442, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Stennis Space Center,
Department of the Navy at http://geoint.nrlssc.navy.mil/

The NAIP URL I use in JOSM is
http://geoint.nrlssc.navy.mil/nrltileserver/wms/family/NAIP?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS
(see
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxor0dnxUrN2dkNISmlQSmdDeUE/edit?usp=sharing
)

Other NRL WMS endpoints at http://geoint.nrlssc.navy.mil/nrltileserver/wms

They have been extremely helpful, see the following, especially about
"requests or suggestions".