[Talk-us] How is Scout?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Jul 19 01:19:40 UTC 2014

On Jul 18, 2014 7:40 PM, "Mike N" <niceman at att.net> wrote:

>   2.  A very minor thing: When it got to "Douglas W Brister Boulevard",
the voice announced it as "Douglas West Brister Blvd" :-)  Otherwise the
text to speech works very well - is there any way to hint that the W is not
a directional?

I actively dislike the voice and wish it used the system's text to speech
facility.  Android provides for some really high quality voices.

>   3.  If it advises to "keep left" on a 2 lane road, oneway=no, I'm
assuming that the number of lanes isn't marked and that if the lanes=2 was
added, that the "keep left" would be omitted for that case.

I actively dislike lanes=* on oneway=no situations, except as a checksum,
because you're forcing renderers to make assumptions about placement and
directionality: if it's two way, tag lanes:forward and lanes:backward, and
use placement:*=* as appropriate.