[Talk-us] [Imports] Importing building data for Anne Arundel County MD

Eric H. Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Thu May 1 00:32:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 05:17:59PM -0800, Paul Norman wrote:
> > I'm also investigating house/building numbers to properly address the
> > county as well.
>
> I would suggest handling the building outlines separately, and at the
> least waiting until you know if you'll be getting addresses before handling
> buildings.

I haven't had a chance to work on this as of recent but figured I'd follow up on this piece of the puzzle.  The GIS department doesn't "own" the address data but referred me to the county police who does.  They are not willing to share this information and only allow other governmental agencies to have this information so it doesn't look like that part will be happening.

--Eric